Washington DC, Maryland, & Virginia Wedding Venues
The venue that you choose for your wedding sets the standard for the event. The tone, style, and atmosphere will all be defined by the space where your wedding takes place, which is why it is so important that you choose a reputable and reliable Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia wedding venue.
Tips for Choosing a Wedding Venue in Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia
Couples who are in search of a wedding with cosmopolitan style and a hint of sophistication will love the eclectic, urban event spaces that can be found throughout Washington D.C. On the other hand, couples who would prefer a sprawling country scene with panoramic vistas may prefer the farm and vineyard venues in Maryland. Of course, there are always the historic venues with Southern flair that are available throughout Virginia.
No matter what style you are looking for out of your wedding venue, these tips will help you find the perfect place to host your wedding:
- Only look at venues that are in line with your budget. The cost of your venue — which may include a room deposit fee, catering fees, and liquor costs — is going to be one of the most significant costs that you pay for your wedding. You should only tour venues that will fit your budget because the last thing that you want to do is fall in love with a place that you cannot afford.
- Start your search by exploring all of your options online, but narrow it down to three or four venues when you book your tours. It is easy to get overwhelmed when you are looking for a wedding venue, so it’s best to keep your search narrow to minimize confusion and frustration.
- Only tour wedding venues that are available on your desired wedding day. This will also help you keep your search focused and prevent any heartache. Every venue should be able to tell you if they are available for your desired wedding date before you schedule a tour.
- Consider the capacity of the space. It is important to draft a guest list before you begin looking at venues so that you know what size space you need for your event.
- Make sure that your venue aligns with your goals for your wedding. For example, if you have always dreamed of an outdoor ceremony, you will want to identify venues that have an outdoor space available for you to use. In addition, you will want to make sure that there is flexibility should the weather prevent you from being able to host your ceremony outdoors.
- Keep the guest experience in mind. You should book a venue that will be both accessible and comfortable for your guests. For instance, if you are booking a venue with multiple stories, you will want to make sure that there is an elevator that guests with limited mobility can use. Another detail that is easy to overlook when you are looking at venues is the proximity and availability of restrooms. It may not sound like the most elegant detail to think about for your wedding day, but you and your guests are going to want to be in a place with plenty of comfortable bathrooms nearby.
How to Choose a Wedding Venue With Your Photographer in Mind
While you will be focused on bringing your vision to life as you select your wedding venue, you also should keep the needs of your photographer in mind. These are a few things that photographers consider when working at a wedding venue:
- Wedding photographers in Washington DC love to work at venues with flexible space options. Most traditional event spaces have a large ballroom or gathering area, but photographers particularly enjoy working at venues that have smaller rooms, alcoves, hallways, and entrances that give them more room to work. Your photographer will be evaluating your venue to find the best place for you and your bridal party to get ready and for you and your spouse to take portraits.
- Lighting is crucial, so photographers are always hoping to work at a venue with plenty of natural light. At an indoor venue, photographers are looking for rooms and areas that have large windows that let in natural light. At an outdoor venue, photographers will consider the direction that the ceremony space is facing and the timing of the ceremony.
- The best wedding photographers in Washington DC know that flexibility is necessary at any wedding, which is why it is nice to shoot at versatile venues. Couples that have planned outdoor ceremonies, for example, should always have a backup plan in the event of inclement weather. A venue that has a complementary indoor space will make life less stressful for everyone on the wedding day.
Once you have set the date and booked a wedding venue in Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia, you will want to secure a wedding photographer.
Complete the form to INSTANTLY view our prices & packages.